Dragon Bound (Elder Races Series #1)

Dragon Bound - Thea Harrison This book was utterly fantastic! The heroine was wonderful, the perfect blend or vulnerability and kickassness. The hero was an utterly dangerous alpha dragon, who thinks Twizzlers and Cherry Coke Slurpees are disgusting.I absolutely loved how well written this book was, the plot was wonderfully interesting, the secondary and tertiary characters were all fully fleshed out and with very clear personalities. This book was filled with wonderful bouts of humor while still being serious, just like it is in real life, too often authors go either too silly, or too serious, Ms. Harrison hit the right note here, perfectly balanced. I am so looking forward to more works from Ms. Harrison. I received this book this morning at 10am, started it at 11:15, and finished it at 4pm. I couldn't put it down. I highly recommend this book to anyone who is a fan of a great romance, a sexy take-charge hero who has to learn to say please, wonderful supporting characters, a unique plot, and a wonderful heroine.(I acquired this book through Goodreads Giveaways aka Goodreads First Reads) Pia Giovanni is blackmailed into stealing something from a dragon's hoard, which everyone knows is a big no no. However, she gets her own on her blackmailer in a truly wonderful way, the thing she steals is a penny, yes you saw that correctly, a penny, and not just any penny as Dragos the Dragon is quick to point out but a 1965 penny, which is no comparison at all to the 1972 penny Pia left in it's place!If you think that sounds outrageous and little too silly for you, I highly urge you to think again. Pia and Dragos treat that penny with all the importance of the hope diamond, and it doesn't seem the least bit ridiculous.