Once Burned (Night Prince, #1) - Jeaniene Frost This book was super awesome. I loved spending so much more time with Vlad. I'm giving this 4.75 stars, mainly because i n the beginning Leila seemed really, really, masculine and I had trouble getting past that and seeing her as a woman. However, that aside, this book was fantastic. It was definitely up to par with Ms. Frost's usual work. I really can't say enough good things about this book. Vlad was himself, domineering, arrogant and sexy as hell. Leila started out seeming masculine and I really struggled to see through that, however, if you ignore my hang up, she was spunky, funny, brash, and a perfect match for Vlad, she let him take care of her, but she did n't faint and flutter, she also had no trouble calling Vlad for help when she needed it and wasn't obsessed with being independent to the point of idiocy. I love that we got to see Bones and Cat for even though it was just for a second, it's always nice to see old friends pop up. This book ended on a semi-cliff hanger and I absolutely cannot wait for the next book.Also, the obsessive need that Vlad has to impale people was just this side of ridiculous, and it got to the point that it was making me laugh.