The Gamble (Colorado Mountain, #1)

The Gamble (Colorado Mountain, #1) - Kristen Ashley I loved Max and Nina. I started this series with Sweet Dreams, which is my all time favorite of KA's books. You see some of Nina (very briefly) in Sweet Dreams but it wasn't enough to make me want to read it, and the blurb didn't make me want to read it either, that being said, I'm glad I read it! I loved how Max called her Duchess, and all the secondary plots and characters were very engaging, as always. There was point where they were discussing the unknown bad guy and I thought "oh, I bet it's so and so" but then had to decide that no, how would they swing that, it didn't make sense, but oh boy was I wrong! I love when that happens, I definitely didn't see the ending coming, the bad guys plot was so involved and in depth that there was just no way to see it coming. Nina was a fantastic heroine, I loved her quirky thoughts and how she was about her clothes, I also loved how she insisted she didn't have an accent. She was a lot of fun to read about. Sweet and funny, but also tough as nails. Max was the typical KA hero, and yet wasn't he had hidden depths and hidden tragedies. The interpersonal connections in this book were very , very complicated, but it worked.